Gun GivEAWAy 2023
Terms & Conditions
2023 Gun Giveaway Terms & Conditions
Henderson Meats LLC dba Kempf’s Custom Butchering is sponsoring a gun Give-A-Way (“Sweepstakes”) for the 2023-2024 deer hunting season. The Sweepstakes is governed by the Official Sweepstakes Rules, so please read them.
The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Henderson Meats LLC dba Kempf’s Custom Butchering (“us”, “we” or “our”), and our address is 21612 Glenn Rd, Sedalia, MO 65301. We provide custom processing and retail shopping services to visitors (“Visitors”) to our retail store and website, www.kempfsmeats.com (“Website”).
Submitting an email address to participate in this Sweepstakes drawing is also a request to receive emails from us regarding other products, services and offers from time to time. You may unsubscribe at any time after entering the Sweepstakes.
The Sweepstakes is intended for viewing only in the fifty U.S. States and District of Columbia, excluding, without limitation, all U.S. territories and possessions and all other countries, and shall be construed and governed by the laws of the United States of America.
YOU MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME YOU ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES AND YOU MUST HAVE AND PROVIDE A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
- NO PURCHASE REQUIRED. No purchase is required to enter this Sweepstakes, and a purchase will not increase your chances of winning a prize.
- Sponsor. The Sweepstakes sponsor is Henderson Meats LLC dba Kempf’s Custom Butchering (sometimes referred to in these rules as “us”, “we” or “our”), and our address is 21612 Glenn Rd, Sedalia, MO 65301.
- Sweepstakes Period. The ”Sweepstakes Period” begins at 12:00 am Central Time September 15, 2023 (“Sweepstakes Start”) and continues until 12:00 am Central Time February 1, 2024 (“Sweepstakes End”).
- Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open only to natural persons legally residing in United States (“Qualifying Residents”). A Qualifying Resident entering the Sweepstakes must be at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of submitting an entry, and must be an authorized user of an email address originating in the United States of America. Natural persons who submit an entry but who are not Qualifying Residents are not eligible to be awarded a prize, but will be placed on our email list and agree to receive emailed promotions, from which they may unsubscribe at any time by using the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of your email. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO RECEIVE EMAILS FROM US. Employees, officers, directors, members, representatives, or agents of any Henderson Meats LLC entity, as well as their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, and siblings) are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or to win a prize.
- How To Enter: You may enter this Sweepstakes by having a deer, elk, bear or other wild game processed during the Sweepstakes period. Each whole carcass animal being processed will receive one entry into the Sweepstakes. Each carry-in order, regardless of number of animals used to create the batch, will receive one entry into the Sweepstakes. There is no limit to the number of entries made via animal drop off during the Sweepstakes Period. Alternatively, entrants may submit a 3″ x 5″ index card by mail which includes your name, address, date of birth, city and state of residence, zip code, telephone number, and a valid, working email address for which you are the authorized user. You may submit only one entry via mail per day during the Sweepstakes Period. Mail in entries must be made by mailing the index card to our address at 21612 Glenn Rd, Sedalia, MO 65301. Entries must be received prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible. You may not enter with multiple emails or with multiple identities. Any entry or entries that violate(s) these rules will be void, and the individual submitting such entry will be precluded from winning a prize in the Sweepstakes. You must provide an accurate, functioning email address for which you are the authorized user for your entry to be eligible and for us to notify you via email. For purposes of this Sweepstakes and these rules, an “authorized user” is defined as a natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet mail provider, Internet service provider, online service provider, or business or other entity located in the United States of America that is responsible for assigning, and is authorized to assign, email addresses for the domain associated with the email address. By supplying your email address, you agree to receive emails from us. You may unsubscribe at any time if you no longer wish to receive such emails by following the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email.
- Winner Selection. There will be three (3) winners of a Sweepstakes Prize. The Sweepstakes Prizes to be awarded are more fully described in Paragraph 10 below (“Prizes”). The winner of each Prize will be chosen in a random drawing to be held on February 1, 2024 or not more than thirty (30) days after the Sweepstakes End. The winner will be notified February 15, 2024, or within ten (15) days after the drawings, via the email address provided at the time of entry and also via phone call to the phone number provided by the entry. It is the responsibility of each Entrant to keep his or her email address current and operating, and to monitor it on a regular basis. The potential winner must respond within ten (10) days after receiving an email notification or phone call notification from us telling you that you have won the a Prize. If the potential winner responds in a timely manner to the email and telephone notifications, he or she will be sent, by certified U.S. mail to the physical address provided in the Sweepstakes Entry Form, an “AFFIDAVIT Of ELIGIBILITY, LIABILITY, AND PUBLIC RELEASE” form (“Affidavit”). The potential winner must sign and return the Affidavit to us to be confirmed as a Prize winner. If the Affidavit is not returned to us fully executed within ten (10) days after you receive it, you will be deemed to have declined the Prize and, we, without further notice or liability to you, will select another potential winner for that prize by random drawing. We will not be responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable for any reason, including but not limited to any form of active or passive filtering, or if there is insufficient space in the potential winner’s account to receive email messages. Additionally, we will not be responsible for a potential winner’s failure to advise us of a change in the physical address to which mail is to be sent.
- Transfer or Assignment. The right to receive a prize is non-assignable and non-transferrable, and no prize substitution, exchange, or cash equivalent request by a winner will be allowed.
- Disqualified Entries. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to disqualify any entry from the Sweepstakes if we determine an Entrant has not complied with these official rules. An entry may be disqualified if an Entrant: attempts to enter the Sweepstakes through any means other than described in these rules; provides any information that is, or proves to be, inaccurate, false, or misleading; or attempts to circumvent, or does circumvent or violate the terms and conditions of these rules in any manner.
- Quantity, Prize, Approximate Retail Value, and Odds. There will be three (3) Prizes given away during this Sweepstakes. One (1) Savage AXIS XP Camo 243 Caliber Bolt Action Rifle with Weaver Scope, with an Approximate Retail Value totaling $529.00 (“ARV”). One (1) Ruger American 243 Caliber Bolt Action Rifle with Vortex Crossfire II Scope, with an ARV totaling $799.00. And One (1) Mossberg Model 835 Ulti-Mag Turkey / Deer Combo 12 Gauge Pump Action Shotgun with an ARV totaling $685.00. Should the ARV of the Prize be less than the ARV stated, the difference will not be awarded in cash or in kind. Taxes, licenses, and fees associated with the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner of the Prize. The winner must take delivery of the Prize in person at Sedalia Family Pawn located at 2805 W Broadway Blvd, Sedalia, MO 65301. We reserve the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value.
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning a Prize is based on the total number of eligible Sweepstakes entries.
- Prize Acceptance. By accepting the a Prize, the winner acknowledges and agrees that he or she will be solely responsible for all taxes, licenses, and fees associated with that particular Sweepstakes Prize, that a Sweepstakes Prize is awarded “as is”, and that neither we, nor any of our participating sponsors, nor any of our employees have made, nor are we in any way responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, or regarding the use, value, or enjoyment of any prize. We will require each winner to provide us with a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before we deliver a prize to that winner.
- Sweepstakes Rules Are Binding. You acknowledge that we will conduct the Sweepstakes administration, winner selection, and winner verification, and you agree that any decision we make relating to the interpretation of these rules, including your participation in the Sweepstakes and the award of Sweepstakes prizes, is final and legally binding on you.
- Suspension or Termination of Sweepstakes. We reserve the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Sweepstakes if we, in our sole and reasonable discretion, conclude that the integrity of the Sweepstakes is or may be comprised, or that the Sweepstakes is not capable of being offered or administered as planned, due to infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, force majeure, human error, or other causes. In any such case, winners will be drawn from among all eligible entries received by us up to the time we determine to terminate or cancel the Sweepstakes.
- Release and Hold Harmless. By entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant and the Entrant’s spouse, minor children, estate, and personal representative, releases and discharges us, and will hold us harmless, from any and all liability, actions, causes of action, damages, actual, incidental, or consequential, claims and demands whatsoever at law or in equity, including all costs which he or she has or may incur, by reason of personal injury, death, loss of or damage to property, or any other reason during or arising out of his or her participation in the Sweepstakes and/or the acceptance and use of any prize.
- Governing Law. These official rules are governed by the laws of the State of Missouri, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. If any provision of these official rules is deemed to violate any federal, state, or local law or regulation or ordinance, it shall be amended to conform to such law, regulation or ordinance, and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. If we are required by applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation or ordinance, or by the action of an administrative agency, to cease offering the Sweepstakes in any such jurisdiction in its entirety, we reserve the right to terminate the Sweepstakes in such jurisdiction in its entirety, and/or cancel and remove from participation in the Sweepstakes any and/or all entries from Entrants residing in such jurisdiction, without penalty or notice to Entrants from that jurisdiction, and without obligation to any Sweepstakes Entrant.
- Taxes. The value of any prize received will be taxable to the winner as income, and all federal, state and local taxes, licenses, and any other fees associated with the acceptance or use of any prize are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. We will provide each winner with an IRS Form 1099 stating the retail value of the prize, and a copy of this form will be sent by us to the Internal Revenue Service.
- Consent by Winners. By accepting a prize through the Sweepstakes, the winner grants us permission and a perpetual license to use his or her name, voice, likeness, photographic or video images, and quotes for promotional or other purposes, without further consent or compensation. The winner, as a condition to receiving a Prize, agrees to execute the Affidavit, which will include additional terms.
- Errors. We are not responsible for technical, photographic, typographical or editorial errors or omissions relating to the presentation of any information relating to the Sweepstakes in any medium.
- Dispute Resolution. Each person who enters the Sweepstakes agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prizes offered or awarded, and all issues concerning the validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these official rules shall be resolved individually, without resort to any class action, and exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction in Pettis County, Missouri. All Entrants agree to Pettis County, Missouri as the venue for any action at law or in equity, without regard to any conflict of laws doctrine. Any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, and shall specifically exclude consequential, incidental, multiplied or punitive damages, attorney fees and expert fees. Some jurisdictions do not recognize the exclusive jurisdiction of the Missouri courts and/or do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental damages, so the preceding sentence may not apply to you.
- Winners List. Any entrant may receive a list of Sweepstakes winners by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Winners–Kempf’s Custom Butchering Sweepstakes, 21612 Glenn Rd, Sedalia, MO 65301.